Stonehenge Summer Solstice Festival 2016
We hold our 8th Stonehenge Summer Solstice Festival on 18th - 21st June 2016, with sunrise at 4.50am on 21st June.
Our Festival is the one and only. We hold an annual 4 day camping, food, beer, cider and light music festival at our campsite from the 18th June until the 21st June. We are the closest site to Stonehenge, being only 2.2 miles by road (A303) to the visitor car park and 5.3 miles walking. We are the only dedicated Stonehenge Summer Solstice Festival that allows camping on mass with main campfire and food festival for the Solstice.
We are available to book in all our Pods, Motorhome and hardstanding pitches and grass camping pitches for 2016. Just search online for availability and pay your deposit today to secure your pitch for 2016!
Campsite Facilities - 18 reasons to come in 2016!
- The atmosphere and returners.
- Light evening entertainment - fire twisters, casual music 18th - 21st June.
- The closest site to Stonehenge - only a 5.3 mile walk! In fact we are the only site like this!
- Level grass pitches on 4 acre site - see our photography gallery for more.
- Communal campfire which sits 40 - 50 people (singers please bring your musical instruments).
- Safe and secure site with 24 hour security.
- Excellent relaxed friendly and social event.
- Public transport to site - train to Salisbury & No 2 bus to NEW campsite bus stop.
- Private shuttle bus service to and from Stones - from 10pm - 1am and 6am - 9am.
- There are 5 excellent pubs (The Bell Inn, The Boot Inn, The Rainbow on the Lake, The Swan and The Pelican Inn) within a short 5 - 45min walk.
- Easy to get to by road, taxi or bus (No 2 from Salisbury & Devizes).
- WC facilities with 4 showers, 8 sinks and 7 WCs. Find out more about our washing facilities online.
- Electric hook-up available if required, at an extra charge of £5 per night depending on availability.
- We have zero tolerance of anti social behaviour and no amplified music is allowed.
- A very special and enjoyable event. Why not read some of last years testimonials on Facebook?
- NEW fully licensed bar with real ale and cider festival.
- NEW special food - Pizza, Pork, Chicken available 18th to 22nd June (breakfast only available on the morning of 22nd June).
- NEW small amount of select trade stands. Please contact William to reserve at the price of £25 and £50.
- NEW you can pre order BBQ food from Berwick Farm Shop - please call Marilyn on 01722 790490.
- NEW Yoga workshop.
Our local farm shop in Berwick can also supply some very special pre ordered BBQ food - Marilyns Sausages are legendary! Call the Berwick Farm Shop on 01722 790490 to pre book your food.
Cost is £25 per head per night, and there is a minimum 2 nights stay on our camping pitches and 3 nights for all our hard standing pitches and Pods.
This is fully inclusive of the shuttle bus to and from the stones, bar, food stalls and light entertainment.
Extras such as gazebo's and awnings are charged at £10 per night.
Extra cars are charged at £5 per car.
Travel to Stonehenge
Shuttle Bus Transport
We organise a 29 seater shuttle bus to run campers up to the Stones between 10pm - 1am and back between 5am-8.30am. This is free and included in your ticket price.
It will take you about 2 hours to walk 5 miles in daylight or 3 hours in the dark. Please do not walk up the A303... it's not safe! There is a much nicer 5 mile walk across the country or even better take our private shuttle bus.
Charge to the Stones one way range's from £15 - £20 for 4/5 people, so about £3-4 a head. These can be pre booked from our campsite. Call Value Cars on 01722 50 50 50 to book or Google/Yellow pages for other taxi firms.
You can drive and park at the Solstice car park (3miles/10mins), but it can be very difficult getting in and out at peak times as over 30,000 people visit the event. If you do decide to drive, please note there can be grid lock between 7am - 9.30am.
Please note we are short of car parking space so please car share or leave the car at the Stones or at home., or come by Bus! We have a maximum of 150 car parking spaces.
SUMMER SOLSTICE INFORMATION (Provided by English Heritage)
English Heritage provide Managed Open Access to Stonehenge for the summer solstice each year. There will be casual entertainment from drummers, samba bands and the like but no amplified music is allowed. When you visit Stonehenge for the solstice, please remember it is a sacred place to many and should be respected.
Toilets and drinking water are available. There are normally one or two food and drink vans but these can have huge queues and are well away from the stones themselves.
Important Healthy and Safety StatementPlease bring a torch and head lights so you can see in the night (and eat your carrots) and rain coat and boots in case of rain. We have done a risk assessment of the site in particular for campers, staff, fire, electricity (we have an electric certificate in place), water (mains), pollution, insurance and first aid. Measures are in place for all of the risks agreed with H&S following their inspection. Please contact William Grant the site safety officer for any further information.
Safety off site
All Campers are to act and drink responsibly, particularly near the campfire and electricity points for their own and others safety. Staff will be patrolling for any unsafe activities! We have 100% safety record over the last 5 years - please help us to keep it.
Health & Safety Policy
Your safety and that of your family and fellow campers during our Solstice Festival are very important to us - please ensure you and your fellow campers take every precaution to prevent accidents and help us to ensure we maintain our excellent 100% safety record. Please report any dangerous activity.
- 6 metre rule - please ensure all units are 6 metres apart (3m for families and groups).
- Speed limit is maximum 5mph - please drive slowly and safely when on site.
- Please take care when entering the A303 & B3083 from the campsite by road.
- No campfires will be allowed.
- Kites are allowed in Campfire field only. They are not allowed in the meadow field due to power lines.
- We have a 16 amp electricity supply which is tested annually and has an electricity certificate to accompany it.
- There are 5 fire points clearly marked. Our fire fighting equipment is tested annually and has a fire certificate to accompany it.
- The fire risk assessment was produced in September 2011 and has been updated every 6 months.
- Please take care around our horses and cows and wash your hands before eating.
- The risk assessment was produced in September 2009 and has been updated every 6 months.
- The first aid kit is kept in the Campsite office.
- The emergency telephone can be located in reception and the washing up barn. Tel No 01722 792750
The safety officer can be contacted via the onsite wardens if needed.